Monday 23 January 2012

Want to celebrate the work that's been created for the Cultural Olympiad?

Peter Tyas, Head of Arts at Wiltshire Council has been working with Team Wiltshire to ensure that Wiltshire's arts organisations, artists and pratitioners have the opportunity to make the most of the olympic focus this year. Please see the below suggestion from Peter:

 I would like to float an idea; this spring and summer there will be a huge amount of activity in lots of different locations, a large amount of this will be participatory and result in new productions or performances. For those of you who are organising such work, what do you think about having a big party at the end of the summer to bring all of that work into one place and celebrate the creativity and energy of people in Wiltshire? I can provide the venue but I won’t be able to fund every group to get there…which means it’s a free gig but everyone has to pay their own way. If you think this is a good idea and can use your own budget / resources to bring a group to perform please let me know. If you think it is a bad idea please let me know. I need to know if this has legs or not so I can budget for it.

Please do contact me wiltshireartspromoters@gmail.com or leave a post here with your thoughts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment